Friday, March 26, 2010

Sterling silver wire wrapped stones inspired by Erykah Badu








These are some of the rings I made in the Dominican Republic, sterling silver. The stones are big and they remind me of a very talented soul singer Erykah Badu...The size of the stones and the wire wrap remind me of Erykahs lovely head wraps which she wore in her early days as a performer. She is well known for wearing a huge Egyptian Unk ring and wearing other large natural jewelry so,,I guess I dedicate these to my girl Erykah....Peace after Revolution ;)

7 comments:

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on pursuing your talents!
(stopping in from SITS)

Abigail said...

Lovely. I like the turquiose one in particular. I'd love to see some closer pics because I'm intrigued to know how you get such chunky stones to stay in place with what looks like just one wire!

Kathleen said...

Hey stopping by from Sits. I love your work. I've tried my hand at similar wire wrapped rings and mine look tooooo funky. You've got the technique down!!

Wendy said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!! Your jewelry is beautiful!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Chennifer said...

Cindy! Estos son hermosos! I made jewelry for a while, but I kept hurting myself on the tools all the time!feshe

Maggie said...

Girl! Erykah is crazy, she walked through downtown Dallas and stripped buck naked! HAHAHA. Love your inspiration and let me know where i can find your stuff to see what I want to purchase. Thanks a bunch. Maggie.

House said...

That's great, this post shows all information about Sterling silver wire.