Friday, February 4, 2011

Blue Chalcedony and Jade

Some of my wire work with Blue Chalcedony:




a gorgeous quartz stone made up of many different minerals. Considered a sacred stone by the Native American Indians, chalcedony nurtures and promotes brotherhood and good will. Absorbs negative energy and dissipates it. Harmonizes mind, body, and spirit.Instills generosity

Wire wrapped Jade: Known as the stone of wisdom and prosperity, I need wisdom and prosperity!!!



This is all done by a wire wrap technique in which you take a cabochon (flat backed stone) and create a "cage" by wire wrapping. It's fun, addictive, and hard on the fingers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love Chalcedony. I didn't know that it dissipates negative energy. I should carry some in my pillow case!! Hope you're fingers are recovering well!

Stopped by from SITS.

Cristina

Chennifer said...

beautiful! absolutely stunning!

@nola727 said...

Delicately Fierce sent me to you! Thanks for the giveaway

June Backhaus said...

Chalcedony is one of the 12 foundations of the New Jerusalem. Revelation 20:19-20. Read the whole chapter to get a picture of the splendor of that new city made by God!

silentwitness said...

Beautiful wirework, and beautiful gemstones!

Neha Parikar said...

This is beautiful. I love Chalcedony.

You must also check health benefits of Chalcedony. For that refer Astrolika.com.