Thursday, September 2, 2010

Radiator Building

It was a Sunday morning, I was sitting in my bedroom reading the New York Times. I was 17 years old. An article was written about an exhibition for Georgia O' Keefe at the Metropolitan Museum of Art....enough said, I fell in love with her work. Georgia O'Keefe spent a few years here in our lovely city working in a gallery with her beau Alfred Stieglitz. Only a true lover of all things Georgia and NY can possibly appreciate this simple yet powerful painting. Life has been a turmoil lately and I always look at this picture for a sense of peace. She was able to create in this painting a quiet energetic force which radiates in the neon lit sky and flows through the crisp air that is so NY
"Radiator Building" by Georgia O'Keefe, 1927

No comments: