Monday, April 12, 2010

dragonflies, lariats and butterflies....Oh the Whimsy!




A great friend of mine came over my house yesterday with a huge load of beads and used jewelry pieces that she thought I could use. I was looking at all of my bins filled with beads and findings and really, I have been using wire for a while now and I kinda lost that desire to make necklaces out of beads, earrings etc...But...these are nice! alot of the beads are tiny seed beads in deep oranges and light blues, butterfly pendants, crystals. I've been thinking that during these low budget days, perhaps it's time to go to town with all these beads and make lariats, more hippie style earrings as well as bracelet and earring sets with whimsical pieces like dragonflies, butterflies and charms with inspirational quotes...Working with silver wire is expensive and maybe it's time to invest in ear wires, head pins, earring findings, lobster clasps and get to work....summer is coming and with that, summer fairs...

these pieces in the above photos can be found at wittyliving.com, ioffer.com and wanderlustjewelry.com

What do you think time to put the wire away for a while? and as usual,,,,you know I will throw out some giveaways with all this bead stuff... I will post pictures of some of my work.

8 comments:

~dawn said...

Stopping by from SITS...
Love your jewelry. I make wire wrapped jewelry but just have not had the time lately... seeing your creations has gotten me motivated to make more studio time!

Holly Renee said...

Whoa I absolutely love your jewelry. You are so talented. I want to start lettering metal but I'm just getting started. I especially love that spiral ring. You have so many beautiful things here! Don't ever put the wire away... I am seriously jealous of your talent!

(Thank you for stopping by my BF community, I love to hear from every person. Your thoughts are much appreciated.)

Chennifer said...

Beautiful work as always Cindy! Me encantan los aros en el medio! you're so talented!

Cindy said...

thanks you ladies...BTW the picture of the photos here of the lariats and blue earrings are from other designers. I posted their photos for inspiration and also put a link to their websites ;-)

Loose Sparrow Arts N Crafts said...

Beads or wires, you are incredibly talented! I wish someone would give me bunches of beads. I love love love beads!

Cindy said...

I seriously need to organize my stuff. I was looking for one specific bead this morning among five drawers of loose beads everywhere. Organization_not so much my talent ;(

PS Loose Sparrow, I should do like you did and place them in jars. Your picture of the jar with beads is awesome.

PS: Chennifer check out Loose Sparrows blog, beautiful, crafy awesome!

Loose Sparrow Arts N Crafts said...

Thanks, Cindy. What great compliments!

Cgliz731 said...

Oh I will take any giveaways you are um giving away ;) We need to do a beading session soon my dearest. Talk to you soon